Qualities and Values
The aim of the Qualities and Values (QV) curriculum at Puriton is to ensure we provide opportunities for children to develop:
- Spiritual, Moral, Social and cultural awareness
- understanding and support for fundamental British Values
- understanding and responsibility for making healthy lifestyle choices
To develop these aims fully, each term we follow a number of key themes.
These provide the children with a broad range of opportunities to increase their self-esteem and self-worth, manage their feelings and develop their understanding and awareness of the British Values. Children are encouraged to:
- have an acceptance and engagement with values of democracy
- be respectful of rules and the rule of law
- understand and respect individual liberty
- develop mutual respect for those of differing faiths and beliefs
- contribute positively to life in modern Britain
- have an awareness of extremism and managing it
- understand the importance of identifying and combatting discrimination.
Our QV curriculum covers PSHE (Physical, Social, Health and Economic) education and the aims are to develop skills and attributes such as resilience, self-esteem, risk-management, teamwork skills and critical thinking in the context of learning grouped into three core themes: health and wellbeing, relationships and living in the wider world.
Within our QV curriculum, our school also has six core values including: independence, resilience, confidence, responsibility, honesty and compassion which aim to prepare our children for what their future holds.
As a school, we understand the importance of having a healthy lifestyle. Children are taught about the benefits of exercise and the importance of eating healthily. They are also taught about the importance of making sensible decisions, when it comes to food and exercise and the implications of an unhealthy lifestyle on physical and mental well being.
- Click on the links below for an overview of what is taught in each class.
- EYFS Year 1 Year 2 Year 3 Year 4 Y ear 5 Year 6