In Opal Class, children follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework (EYFS). This framework provides the basis of how we structure the setting, the activities and opportunities we provide, as well as how we assess children’s development. For each of these areas children have ‘Early Learning Goals’ to work towards.
- Communication and language
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Physical development
- Problem solving, numeracy and reasoning
- Understanding the World
- Expressive arts and design
Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Playing and exploring
- Active learning
- Creating and thinking critically
In Opal class the children learn through being active and playing. Find out what they are learning when they are involved in different areas of the EYFS environment.