A very warm welcome to Puriton Primary School! Our staff and governors are committed to giving your children a broad and balanced education, tailored to meet their individual needs. We pride ourselves on providing a caring environment, which encourages pupils to fulfil their potential. We aim to develop their abilities and nurture self-esteem and respect for both people and things in the world around them. We really value the importance of a strong home-school partnership and strive to foster close links with the local and wider community too. We are proud of our school, which has served the village in various forms since 1720. Visits are always welcome and prospective parents are encouraged to look around, meeting staff and children, at a mutually convenient time.
Our School Vision
We aim to provide a happy, safe and secure environment, which encourages all children to achieve their full potential and become valued members of the community. We are committed to raising standards and have high expectations of both ourselves and our pupils.
Our School Aims
• To accept each child as an individual, helping them to develop their self-esteem and personal confidence by ensuring that they use their skills to the highest achievable level
• To develop an awareness and respect for themselves and fellow human beings and the environment
• To enable children to explore and use all their creative senses and feelings encouraging them to express themselves in a range of positive and constructive ways
• To promote the children’s spirituality through real life experiences
• To introduce children to experiences which will enable them to discriminate and
• Choose and to reflect the life skills necessary to make decisions and to face challenges in a positive manner
• To enable children to collaborate with others and to be sensitive to their needs
• To give children an understanding of good behaviour and a realisation of how their actions and attitudes can affect the lives of others
• To secure a mutually supportive partnership with parents, to maintain an informed contact and to encourage their positive, responsible and active involvement in school life
Why we are proud of our school
Whilst we continually strive to improve learning opportinities and the achievement of all pupils, we are proud of the school improvements over the past two or three years. Click here to read a letter from the Governing Body to parents, outlining particular areas of strength.